Power Entertaining with Food and Wine - for Executives
This is the more academic side of the Power Entertaining with Food and Wine event. It is a class that is handled with a dynamic PowerPoint presentation.
It is not done with a meal; however minimal food is used simply for the purpose of illustrating the concept of "food wines". We roll up our sleeves, and delve more deeply into the entertaining issues that corporate executives face regularly. We use five wines; one sparkling, two whites, and two reds.
Teaches you how to transform boring business meetings and sales functions into memorable social events that people will want to attend again and again.
Helps you build long-term business relationships based on the time-honored principles of courtesy, generosity and old world hospitality
Success is always in the details, so master the finer points of entertaining before your next big business event.
Request More Information!
Typical Results You Can Expect From Eddie Osterland's Programs:
- You Save. The very next day your executives will be spending less money when entertaining clients, thanks to Eddie's new Executive Entertaining Strategies.
- How? Their "comfort zone" will be expanded so as to explore the lesser known/equally good wines of the world that cost half as much.
- Eddie will EDUCATE them by showing them how to be better buyers (Learn a new set of ABC's: Anything but Chardonnay, anything but Cabernet!)
- Eddie will ENLIGHTEN them regarding how to choose "food-wines" (those that are more appropriate with food) and that will certainly heighten their dining experiences.
- Your executives will enjoy a heightened "self-esteem" thanks to their newly learned abilities to discuss wine and food at a much more sophisticated level. No longer will they let the restaurant experience happen to them, but rather they will take charge of it.
- And don't forget about the FUN they will have just learning about it. Eddie "uncorked" adds an all important component of levity to your meeting.
A Session with Eddie Osterland will demystify wine and answer questions like:
- Improve business impact by incorporating new executive entertaining strategies.
- Ensure an entertaining experience gaining these new insights while building strong team relationships within your company.
- Empower people by showing how to choose/combine foods and wines with confidence, whether at client events, in their homes, or at restaurants.
- Teach attendees how to taste wine like a Master Sommelier.
- Why should all red wines be slightly chilled?
- Which wines need to be aged?
- Why shouldn't you smell corks?
- What is a "food-wine?"
- What makes some wines very expensive?
- Which are the best wines to combine with foods?
Staging and Technical Information:
- Lavaliere, wireless microphone
- Rear projection screen (with valence kit) positioned to right of Eddie 6 X 8 feet (up to 150 persons) 7.5 X 10 feet for larger groups (Lights behind screen must be darkened)
- Flip chart with black, blue and red markers (not a white board!)
- 3 X 6 skirted table in front of room
- Sound mixer on same table patched to house system
- Liter of water (no ice)
- 1 lemon (on butter plate)
- 1 bottle of any red wine to be used as a prop
- Room set up classroom style (no round tables), spaced so that waiters can get through to pour the wines
- Room must be very cool!